Press release from the Port of Rønne
MHI Vestas has selected Port of Roenne at Bornholm for pre-assembly and shipment of the company’s offshore wind turbine components for Arcadis Ost 1, an offshore wind project scheduled for installation in Rugen by 2022.
In early June 2022, MHI Vestas will install 27 V174-9.5 MW offshore wind turbines for the offshore wind park, Arcadis Ost 1, located off the coast of the island Rugen in Germany. When the commissioning phase is complete in 2023, the 257 MW project will be able to provide 300,000 German households with green energy.
And now, the pre-assembly and shipment harbour for the project has been selected:
“We have selected Port of Roenne A/S as the shipment harbour for our offshore wind activities concerning the installation of Arcadis Ost 1. Port of Roenne has been a solid choice because of its unique infrastructure, designed and constructed specifically to handle projects with extreme weights. The harbour is located only 74 kilometers from the Arcadis Ost 1 project site, and the quay construction at the port has the ideal lifting capacity for our needs, meaning we can ship our components directly to the quay,” says Peter Toft Madsen, Head of Port Contracting & Support at MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
Port of Roenne is delighted to form this collaboration with MHI Vestas:
”We are pleased that MHI Vestas has selected Port of Roenne for their offshore wind activities, and we will strive to supply the best possible service in relation to the project. I am happy to see how our new and specially-designed infrastructure is appreciated by our customers in the offshore wind industry and we are looking forward to welcoming the people from MHI Vestas at the port. On behalf of the whole organisation behind Port of Roenne A/S, the local companies, and Bornholm, we are pleased with the decision by MHI Vestas to select our port for the shipment activities,” says Thomas Bendtsen, CEO for Port of Roenne A/S.
At Bornholm’s municipality the announcement is appreciated:
“We are proud that MHI Vestas has selected Port of Roenne for their shipment activities for Arcadis Ost 1 in Rugen. We have worked hard to be part of the increasing offshore wind activities and projects taking place in the sea around Bornholm. To select Port of Roenne as the shipment harbour is one of the most important achievements for our island in several years, and I see a lot of opportunities for how this can benefit local employment,” says Winni Grosbøll, Mayor at Bornholm’s municipality.
About Arcadis Ost 1
- Arcadis Ost 1 is scheduled for installation in early June 2022 to end of February 2023
- The project will consist of 27 x V174-9.5 MW offshore wind turbines
- The 27 offshore wind turbines will have a total output capacity of 257 MW
- The project site is located 74 kilometers from Port of Roenne at the island of Bornholm.
- Arcadis Ost 1 will be able to supply 300,000 German households with clean energy
About Port of Roenne A/S
- As a result of the newly built port area from October 2019, the infrastructure at Port of Roenne is attracting attention from the offshore wind industry
- From October 2017 to October 2019, Port of Roenne A/S has built a 150,000 square meters port area, designed specifically to handle extreme weights as required by the offshore wind industry
- Ro-Ro-ramps are for special operations
- The quay is constructed with a lifting capacity at 50 tonnes per square meter
- The purpose-built jetty creates calm waters for maximum manoeuvrability in the harbour
- The water depth is 11 meters
For more information, contact:
Michael John Morris, Head of Press for MHI Vestas: +45 88 44 89 50 eller firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Johansen, Head of Press for Port of Roenne A/S: +45 24 79 47 29 eller email@example.com
Date of publication: 8 Jan 2020
Announcements are published as a service to readers. The sender is responsible for all content.
Announcements for publication can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.